For Colombian Nationals
Colombian Visiting Researcher Grant
SubcategoryResearch and Teaching
The Colombian Visiting Researcher Program offers Colombian researchers and professors with doctoral degrees or equivalent research experience the opportunity to join a university or research center in the United States for one (1) academic semester to conduct advanced research.
Candidates with research projects that have the potential to contribute to development in diverse regions of Colombia are of particular interest to this program. With this program, Fulbright Colombia promotes collaboration between Colombian and U.S. researchers, strengthens research processes in the country, and fosters Colombia’s insertion into global knowledge networks.
At the end of their research stay, grantees are required to return to Colombia to contribute to the country’s development from their field of study.
How to apply?
How to apply?
This year, as part of the Fulbright Visiting Grants Program – Cohort 2022, the U.S. Department of State is offering a new category called: The Fulbright-National Archives Heritage Science Awards. It is important to note that the evaluation and selection process for this category is carried out by The Institute of International Education (IIE), in the United States.
This award provides the opportunity for visiting researchers to collaborate and connect with scientists and experts from the National Archives while conducting research at the National Archives’ State-of-the-art Heritage Science Research and Testing Lab, located in College Park, Maryland. This award is made possible through a partnership between the Department of State and the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. This program modality was established to support education, preservation and research in archival science. The length of stay must be between 5 and 12 months, starting in September 2022.
Academic profile of the eligible candidate
Researcher or professional in heritage sciences or related fields. A master’s degree is required, and a doctoral degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred. Advanced doctoral researchers pursuing dissertation projects related to heritage sciences are also eligible for this award.
Fields of Study
- Heritage sciences
- Heritage conservation
- Preventive Preservation
- Materials Science and Engineering
Areas of interest
- Preservation and conservation of cultural heritage
- Applications of technology to complex problems in heritage preservation and risk management
- Data analysis and visualization.
Unlike the traditional program (Colombian Visiting Researcher), the interested candidate must only submit the following documents as part of his/her application in the Heritage Sciences Category:
- Resume in English, in the Academic & Professional Information section.
- Project Statement, in the Project Proposal section
- Bibliography of the project, in the Project Proposal section.
- Letters of Recommendation, in the Recommendations section.
- This program category does not require exam results from a standardized English test, a letter of invitation or a letter of support from the institution in Colombia. Regarding these items, the application instructions for the Colombian Visiting Researcher Program do not apply for the category in Heritage Sciences.
- Although the same application platform is used, the candidate must make sure to select “Fulbright-National Archives” in the Current Award field, under the Award Information section, in the Country Information
- For more information about this grant, please visit the following website: https://cies.org/fulbrightnationalarchives.
- For questions or concerns about this award, please contact us at email@example.com.
|Convocatoria (Fecha de apertura y cierre)||Junio 16 a cctubre 5 de 2022|
|Revisión técnica (Cumplimiento de requisitos)||Octubre 2022|
|Evaluación académica||Octubre 2022|
|Entrevistas (presenciales y virtuales)||Noviembre 2022|
|Publicación de listado de selecccionados||Marzo de 2023|
|Seminario de Orientación||Junio de 2023 (fecha estimada)|
|Fecha mínima posible de inicio de la estancia de Investigación||Agosto 1 de 2023|