Internship Opportunity at The University of Maryland
The University of Maryland is looking for a Master’s student for a 6 months internship at the Graduate School.
The Graduate School at the University of Maryland invites applications for an internship in International and Diversity Initiatives. Applicants should be Colombian Master’s students in administration, international studies, political science, economy, education, or related fields, and they must be studying in Colombia.
The internship will begin in the spring semester of 2015 and last up to 6 months. The University of Maryland will provide the intern with a stipend of US$14.000, and the documents for a J-1 visa.
The Office of the Graduate School oversees the implementation of scholarships and awards, admissions, graduate academic programs, diversity programs, international initiatives and the administration of Graduate School policy. It is a relatively small office which gives the intern ample opportunity to experience the work of the different departments and hence get a comprehensive overview. The work amongst other things will include helping out at events, doing research on topics of interest in the areas of diversity and international education and admissions, as well as assisting in the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students. However, the workload is very broad and includes working with the entire Graduate School staff as appropriate in their various administrative, academic and research duties.
- A Master’s student in administration, international studies, political science, economy, education, or related field;
- Interested in learning more about the field of graduate education administration in the US, diversity initiatives and international education in the United States;
- Experience with administration and/or communication is preferred;
- Good written and spoken English (TOEFL iBT 100);
- International experience preferred, not required.
Interns will gain:
- A unique insight into the U.S. graduate education system;
- Experience in administration, communication and other skills;
- International work experience and networking opportunities;
- The chance to apply academic knowledge and enhance your academic learning;
- The possibility to live in one of the most political significant areas of the world.
If you are interested, please send a CV, a short motivation letter in English, and the TOEFL iBT results to email@example.com.
The application deadline is October 1, 2014.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact the Fulbright Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (571) 232 4326 ext. 25.
About the University of Maryland
The University of Maryland is a public research university with approximately 37,000 students. 11,000 of the students are graduate students (Master’s and Doctoral). The University student population consists of 31 percent international graduate students and 20 percent minority graduate students. The main campus is located in College Park, Maryland, in the suburbs of Washington DC.